09 July, 2007

not just socks, BFF socks! (iii)



Couple of days ago I had a day when I could not bring myself to accomplish anything. Complete de-motivation was the motto of that day. I simply went home earlier and indulged in mindless knitting. The result is a finished object!
Logically, they'll be gifted to a friend. Here, modeled on my hair spray containers (her feet are much smaller than mine, so I didn't want to stretch the socks).





Pattern: BFF by Cookie A.
Yarn: Lana Grossa Meilwenweit Cotton Festa (42% cotton, 42% wool, 13% polyamide) 380m / 100g in color #4030
Needles: 2.5mm dpns
Comments: I like the socks! VERY much :-) The way the pattern is written is clear and understandable. The end result, socks that are interesting yet simple. The yarn I used, Lana Grossa Cotton, is pleasant to knit and to wear (tested on my previous socks). The only modification was the three-needle bind off instead of the toe grafting via Kitchener stitch.




No comments: