06 September, 2010

grey, alpaca, seamless... will it make a wearable cardi?

i don't know.



i like it, but... BUT:

1. alpaca is not a great idea for a seamless sweater - too drapey;
2. alpaca is not a great idea for a sweater for me - itchy, itchy...
3. alpaca is... stretchy? or my sleeves grew too much downwards in blocking. what might not be a bad thing in winter ;-).




pattern: based on a model in Drops (113-28).
yarn: Drops Alpaca, 2 strands held together;
needles: 4.5mm;

naturally, i modified the pattern to my needs. long sleeves and added body length made it suitable for autumn and winter, increasing the yarn usage. i did not keep all the bands, so i am not sure how much i actually used. about 550g, i think. it took me ages to knit it - 10 months - most of the time in the finish-when-you-have-less-exciting/urgent-knits bag.

now, off to my more recent knits!

No comments: